Friday, August 12, 2011


I made some gears and a casing, as an experiment.
Parts were coming out lozenged, but I fixed that by pushing on the table until something bent, so the axes are more perpendicular to each other. I tested this by checking the nozzle distance from the table at each of the corners of travel.
I was pleased with the gears I made. I ran them in a little with some brasso to get them free running.

1 comment:

Engineerable said...

I also have an UP! Printer. Once you get the hang of it, it's an excellent little printer. I use Blue painters tape with reasonable success. Still get warp on larger parts. I met someone who uses Kapton tape, and their parts almost never warp, and you don't have to replace the Kapton Tape very often. The machine could really benefit from a heated enclosure to reduce warp, like the Stratasys machines. Would have to replace the ABS components though so that they don't fail.

I'm checking out the HeeksCam software for use on a small cnc mill and a laser cutter.