Sunday, January 4, 2009

HeekCNC on linux


I have got my HeeksCNC building on Linux.
Almost. Click on the picture to make it bigger.
The Python stuff refused to run the "post.py" file I had automatically generated.
I was trying to run it with PyImport_ImportModule.
To get it to find it with Windows, I had done ::wxSetWorkingDirectory, but this wasn't enough for Linux. So, then I also added PyRun_SimpleString with a string something like "sys.path.append" with the folder in. Then I had another problem and I had to add a work around, dlopen("libpython2.5.so", RTLD_LAZY | RTLD_GLOBAL).
I have spent all of today ( and possibly all of yeseterday, but it's a bit of a blur ) trying to debug a problem in Geoff's geometry library, which is OK for Windows but causes a segment violation built with GCC in Linux.
I have promised to have a go at getting Wildcat to build for Linux after I have done this.
I am pleased with KDbg as a useful tool for debugging.

No comments: