Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Part 0004


I made Part 0004 correct, first time. There are 6 in total wanted of these. I got the chamfer to within 0.1mm of what I wanted, I think; it's hard to measure the chamfer. The subsequent copies should be more relaxing to make. There are no tags on this part. I cut the outside profile in two separate operations, so I could remove two of my four clamps and replace them to get to every part of the profile. I put my fingers on the part as it was being cut to catch the piece of scrap that falls off and to damp vibrations.

1 comment:

Dan Falck said...

If you have access to a lathe, you can make a plug gage (or series of gages that are at your tolerance limits) that is same size as the largest diameter of the chamfer, with a good faced off end. Place the end of the plug gage into the chamfer and if it just catches, you will know that you are there.

Dan Falck